Beautiful Veneers in Winnipeg
Having teeth that are aligned and symmetrical is an important element to a great smile. The look of your smile largely depends on the shape, color, and positioning of your teeth. Dental veneers offer a way to fix cosmetic concerns so you can get your beautiful smile back.
Dr. Jerry Abells Artistic Smiles has a passion for crafting smiles that function with beauty. We are committed to providing beautiful veneers in Winnipeg to meet your goals. We can also combine your veneer treatment with dental bonding and teeth whitening to completely transform your smile. Call to schedule your appointment today!
CALL US: (204) 815-9285 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What are Veneers?
Dental Veneers are thin, tooth-colored, custom-made shells designed to cover the front surfaces of your teeth. Veneers are often made from porcelain or resin composite materials and have light-reflecting properties that mimic your natural teeth.
Veneers can correct multiple flaws, match surrounding teeth, and last 5-15 years depending on the type. Our Winnipeg dentist can place veneers on one tooth or renew the most visible teeth in smile.
What Problems Can a Veneer Fix?
Veneers can fix several cosmetic problems to improve your smile. Here are some of the common dental issues you can address with veneers.
- Chipped, worn down, or broken teeth
- Teeth that are uneven, misaligned, or irregularly-shaped
- Teeth with gaps
- Uneven coloring or severe coloring
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Besides the natural-looking results, durability, and the ability to correct multiple dental flaws, below are the other benefits of porcelain dental veneers.
Requires minimal enamel removal: Porcelain veneers offer a conservative alternative to restoring and even improving the look of your teeth compared to other options such as full crowns.
Works with other cosmetic treatments: Porcelain veneers blend well with other treatment options such as dental implants, teeth whitening, bridges, crowns, and bonding.
Stain-resistant: The porcelain material is highly resistant to stains such as tea, tobacco, coffee, and soft drinks, meaning it can retain its color for years to come.
Easy to maintain: Porcelain veneers are non-porous, so they are easy to keep clean with regular checkups and brushing and flossing.
Do Veneers Hurt My Teeth?
When done with precision and accuracy, veneers will not harm your teeth. For teeth with either broken, damaged, or worn-out enamel, the porcelain shell covers everything, and they look completely natural.
Porcelain veneers may eventually need replacing, but no matter how many you have over time, your teeth will stay protected under the veneers. Dr. Abells provides veneer treatment in Winnipeg.
The Process of Getting Veneers
From the time you book the first appointment with Dr. Abells through to the application process, dental veneer application follows a specific procedure. Below is a summary of the entire treatment.
- You book an appointment with our dentist, and he will discuss all the options available for you. We take an x-ray to determine your dental health. This is to ensure there are no underlying conditions that could affect your treatment, such as tooth decay or gum disease.
- The next step is to get an accurate sizing of your veneers. This involves trimming down about a half millimeter of your enamel before the dentist takes an impression of the teeth selected to receive the veneers. Then we send the impressions to the lab for fabrication.
- One to two weeks after the last visit, your veneers will be ready. Our dentist will thoroughly evaluate the size, coloration, and shape to ensure a perfect fit.
- Dr. Abells will then clean the teeth and slightly etch the surface to ensure the veneer bonds securely. This procedure can typically be done without anesthesia and will take not more than two hours.
Taking Care of Your New Smile
After the veneers are placed, you’ll need to practice good oral hygiene and take precautionary measures to ensure they last as long as possible. A rule of thumb is to have our team examine your veneers for fractures, discoloration, or other problems regularly. You should also avoid chewing hard foods or opening sealed packaging using your teeth. If you play sports, consider using a mouthguard to protect your veneers.
Dental Veneers in Winnipeg
Veneers are becoming increasingly popular thanks to the ease of application, short recovery time, and natural results. Our goal is to provide you dental veneers that match to your expectations.
Let us redefine your smile with our beautiful custom porcelain veneers. Get in touch with us today!
CALL US: (204) 815-9285 REQUEST APPOINTMENT